THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Post 3

3) In chapter 17, Mustapha Mond and John Savage discuss civilization. John says two startling things: “What you need is something with tears for a change. Nothing costs enough here” and “But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.” Read this interchange carefully and then put Mond and Savage’s arguments into your own words.


The entire society is based on controlling peoples feelings and actions. Even the main people are called "the controllers". This means that in the end there are no highs. There are no lows. But because of this there is no emotional involvement and no way to really feel involved. If you feel sad for losing something then it means that you felt great when you had it. All in all its about variety. Rather than have the "perfect" Utopian but bland lives he wants to be able to experience those things that he has not been able to do. There is something special about new experience even if its a bad experience. If it is a good experience that means that you have grown as a person and if its bad then if nothing else you have learned something

0 comments: